Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Gift Journal

Hi everyone. I did a project this morning!!! Started around 11am and finished around 1pm. While I am still sitting here listening to Pandora radio I thought I would share what I did. I made a personalized journal for my friends daughter who turned 7!





Here is what I used...


  • journal from Barnes and Noble paid $8.00

  • two sheets of 12x12 pattern paper double sided

  • various colors of ribbon

  • chipboard letter

  • flowers

  • rhinestones

  • stickles Black Diamond and Diamond

  • black paint

  • foam brush

  • Mod Podge

  • And last minute decided to take off the wire that it was bound with and change it to a 1'' black wire by Zutter and used my bind it all

  • Glue Dots

Here is what the journal looked like when I bought it.


My first step was to remove the wire and paint the spine on the outside and inside about an inch in from the holes. Second step was to measure and cut the paper from the outside front and back covers making sure to leave about 1/2 an inch around the sides to fold over and glue down on the inside. Third step was to cut two inside pieces long enough to hide the edge of the paper that you folded over. Once you have all your paper cut and the paint on the spine is all dry you will glue or tape the paper done to the outside for the front and back covers. Once that is dry turn over the covers and fold over the flaps of paper from the outside and glue those down. The next step will be to glue the two inside pieces down to the front and back covers overlapping the the edges that you just folded over. After I had that all finished I re-did the binding with the black 1'' wire. Setting the journal aside, i painted the "K" with black paint and once dried used the black diamond stickles over the paint. I cut a piece of the paper to mount the letter on so it would show up against the pattern paper, added flowers, added the rhinestones using glue dots. The last steps are adding the various ribbions to the wire. Then using the stickes in both black diamond and diamond I added a strip along the cut edge of the ribbon to avoid fraying. Here is the finished product...


Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: