Thursday, August 25, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
I want to share a few old pictures of my mom and I. The first one was when I was little...
The next photo is of my mom, my little sister Debbie on the right, and that's me in the left. We were in Hawaii on a hike down to a cove to snorkle. My parents took us out there as a graduation thing from high school. Such a fun trip we were just missing my older sister and her hubby.
The next picture was the day I got to hold my daughter Madalyn for the first time. She was born 7 weeks early so we had to wait 8 days before we got to actually hold her. That day was the first day it felt real that I was a mom.
I hope you have a fabulous day. You deserve it.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
- journal from Barnes and Noble paid $8.00
- two sheets of 12x12 pattern paper double sided
- various colors of ribbon
- chipboard letter
- stickles Black Diamond and Diamond
- black paint
- foam brush
- Mod Podge
- And last minute decided to take off the wire that it was bound with and change it to a 1'' black wire by Zutter and used my bind it all
- Glue Dots
Here is what the journal looked like when I bought it.
My first step was to remove the wire and paint the spine on the outside and inside about an inch in from the holes. Second step was to measure and cut the paper from the outside front and back covers making sure to leave about 1/2 an inch around the sides to fold over and glue down on the inside. Third step was to cut two inside pieces long enough to hide the edge of the paper that you folded over. Once you have all your paper cut and the paint on the spine is all dry you will glue or tape the paper done to the outside for the front and back covers. Once that is dry turn over the covers and fold over the flaps of paper from the outside and glue those down. The next step will be to glue the two inside pieces down to the front and back covers overlapping the the edges that you just folded over. After I had that all finished I re-did the binding with the black 1'' wire. Setting the journal aside, i painted the "K" with black paint and once dried used the black diamond stickles over the paint. I cut a piece of the paper to mount the letter on so it would show up against the pattern paper, added flowers, added the rhinestones using glue dots. The last steps are adding the various ribbions to the wire. Then using the stickes in both black diamond and diamond I added a strip along the cut edge of the ribbon to avoid fraying. Here is the finished product...
Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Thanks for stopping by.