Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mirror, Mirror on the wall

you are my favorite after all! So I have been sitting on some mirrors I bought at Target for almost a year! Yep, sad right? As soon as I saw the HOME BEVELED MIRROR TILES I knew what I wanted to do to them. They come in a 6 pack for $19.99, I think I paid more but who can remember. My plan was to etch the mirrors after all I had the etching creme and never used it and a wall that needs a little something something. The hardest thing for me was finding the right design. I looked for hours and hours on the web trying to find an SVG file to download and use. But the one that I found and loved was on a message board that you needed to contact someone to get the file. I decided that was not going to work out. Then I went to Cricut.com and looked to see what cartridges they had. I found the Cindy Loo cartridge that had some doilies and other designs that would come in handy for other projects so that is what I got.

To do the project I used left over vinyl in whatever color I had that was 12x 12. Then I used the "fit to page" on my Circut expression, using a 12x12 mat. It calculated it out to be 11 inches, after picking my doily. I then used transfer tape to place it on the mirror, peeled the tape and started.



I put the creme on the mirror using a squeegee to move the creme over the entire mirror. Following the directions I let it sit for 15 minutes.



When time was up I washed the creme off in the sink and peeled the vinyl. And this is what I ended up with...



I only etched 4 out of 6 mirrors because my wall isn't big enough for all 6. I am sure they will be etched at some point and put somewhere else. I still need to figure out a way to adhere them to the wall, not sure what to do because I don't want to mess up the walls. My hubby and I are going to Home Depot or Lowes to figure out what we can use. If I don't find anything I am going to make my own frames to put them in. Once they are up I will take another picture and share it with you.

Thanks for coming by. Hope you are having a fun filled Halloween weekend.

No comments: