Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Has it been that long?

Trying to find time to blog is starting to get very tough between kids, chores, and homework. Its been about 6 weeks since my oldest started 4th grade at a new school and this is the second week for my younger two who are in pre-school. Once we figure out the forever changing schedules I am sure that I will catch up on cleaning my office, maybe finding scrapping time (which hasn't happened in almost a year), and finding time to blog. But for now I can do a little crash course on what we have been up to.

The summer flew by this year which was a little bit of a bummer for me since this is my favorite season. But we managed to fit in 6 trips to Lake Havasu City, my favorite place in the world! It is so relaxing and the kids love to be on the boat and swimming all day long. We even made it out there with our friends, the Adams family for 4th of July. Here are a few pictures that I just love from over the many trips out there.

Makayla and Madalyn

Kyle, after taking a ride behind the boat in a tube. Pure satisfaction!

The Adams Family, below


4th of July fireworks from the boat After the fireworks we celebrated Scott Adams birthday on the boat with cookies and brownies! YUMMY!


My daughter Madalyn and I made it out to Hollywood with friends to see a new game show, Pictuerka, which will be on HUB in October sometime. The only picture I got was before going in of all the girls. We should have had them take one of the moms, there was 4 of us and all those girls!

I braved a trip with my three kids (no hubby since he was at work), some friends and their kids to El Captian Theater in Hollywood to see Toy Story 3. I had never been to that theater before so it was neat to finally see it. After the movie we all got to go on the back lot and play in the Toy Story Zone. The kids had a great time running around there, but the best part was the Ferris wheel with Makayla and Kyle. I wish that Madalyn had given it a try and conquered her fear but no such luck. I got a photo on my cell phone but it really wasn't that great. Here is a picture of the 4 of us at the end of the day.


August 9th kicked off the 2010-2011 school year for Madalyn. She is totally loving her new school, which is wonderful because I was wondering if I was making the right decision. All summer long she wasn't very happy with me taking out of her old school but she really needed a bigger challenge. The new school really is doing it for sure! She has even joined band and is going to learn the flute. Not to mention she will learn how to play the piano with a computer program, Spanish and Art History. Got to love the choice schools out there that are offering other things for kids. All I know is that I don't have to pull out what she did at school for the day. Instead she comes home excited and willing to share. So here is to her 4th grade year being amazing!


Makayla and Kyle started pre-school last week. For Makayla it is her second year and last before starting kindergarten and for Kyle its his first year. Should be interesting next year to have them at different schools since they love being together. So being it was Kyle's first year and he is always with me I was worried that crying was going to be a problem but lucky it went perfect. Not sure if it was the bribery that worked or that he was just ready. I think maybe a little of both. See he is really into monster trucks and I found one in my closet that was suppose to be his for Christmas, opps! So it was my bribery! He stayed without crying he got the truck and ice cream. First thing he said when I picked them up was "Me didn't cry, me get my monster truck now?" Yep, bribery works every time. Later that night we got ice cream with daddy, papa, and of course the monster truck! Here are a few photos.


So to end the summer... My hubby and I celebrated 10 years of marriage on September 3rd! I can't believe it has been that long. Like everyone else we have had our ups and downs and have come out stronger and happier. We can't wait for the next 10 years to see where life takes us. Anyway. We go every year to Lake Havasu for an adult only trip!!! Yep we talked the grandparents into splitting up the three day weekend so that we can go with no kids. We asked our friends Mike and Taryn to join us and they also got a sitter for their daughter. It was just what the four of us needed a break that was relaxing and rejuvenating. I got a new camera from my hubby, a Canon T1i, so I took a lot of pictures! The only on of me is terrible and jumping of the rocks. Which Taryn and I did, just like the kids were doing, the guys stayed in the boat and said they had no desire to do that! Us girls rock!!

I am on the left and Taryn on the right getting ready to jump!


Doesn't this picture I took of my hubby's feet say it all? Relaxing with no kids!!!

My guy, enjoying talking with friends, a beer and bbq. I just love him!


View from my Uncle's Lake house, overlooking Havasu Springs Resort. Isn't it beautiful? It is my favorite place to be in the evenings, sitting on the balcony enjoying the view while my hubby bbqs.

So here we are now, school, work for Bill, running kids around for me, and trying to find time in crazy schedules for some down time.

I hope that you had a wonderful summer. I know I did and I am already wishing it was summer again!

Jenn

1 comment:

Laura - The Stampin' Soldier said...

I know what you mean about having a hard time finding time. I barely have time to take a photo and slap it up on my blog let alone write a diary! I hope I can keep up something when I go back to work next week. I'm dreading it!