Thursday, April 8, 2010

Homemade Invites

I can't believe that the last time I blogged about something or even crafted was in November. Life has been very busy and frankly I just have had a hard time finding inspiration to scrap again. But the wait is over. I am not sure what it is but I always feel more myself when Spring and Summer start to come around, the more sunlight and warmth the better! For my first project of the year I decided to make invitations for my daughter Kayla and my son Kyle's birthday party coming up later this month. We have for the last 3 years had a party for them together and this one will be no different. They have decided that going to a fun place named Jumping Jacks would be a lot of perfect! I would have to agree, we have been there before for birthdays and they are a blast. The kids get to jump their hearts out and the parents get to join in! Jumping Jacks uses a frog for their mascot and I thought it would be fun to have one on the invite. So that is just what I did....

Supplies...

Cardstock in various colors
Cricut Expression
Cricut Gypsy (Cricut Cartridges DonJuan, DoodleType, and Paper Dolls Dress up)
Glossy Accent for attaching the letters
Googly eyes
Pop up dots
Scotch ATG Tape gun
AND
My mom to help!



Above is my mom removing letters from the cricut mat, I thought she was going to kill me but she survived and so did I! She also helped out by putting the fun eyes on the frogs and then placing them on the circle with the pop dots. She tried to use the tape gun but she is not much of a crafter so she asked for another job. Once I had the strip on the bottom, and the circle with the frog adhered I started on the letters using Ranger's Glossy Accents. I am telling you I LOVE that stuff. It works so well for multiple projects. I didn't take a picture of the inside but I used my Word program and typed up the info on my computer and then printed it out and adhered it to the inside of the card. Making about 10 cards took my about 4 hours with my moms help and that was also with kids in the mix which always makes things more difficult. Hope you enjoy the look as much as I did!



Happy scrapping and thanks for dropping by again! Hope to see you around...

No comments: