Friday, September 25, 2009

Two in one day

Hi again!

I am on a roll tonight! I was bored and thought there is nothing else better then scrapping the night away.

Tomorrow we have a birthday party for my nephew Tanner, he is turning one! Seems like only yesterday that my SIL was saying she was having a boy and now he is one. How time flies. Anyway. They have decided that they don't need or want gifts instead they want everyone to donate on behalf of Tanner and that is a wonderful idea. BUT he is my nephew and I want to give him something special. So I put together a metal page that can be displayed on an easel. The only things I used to to this project was an 8x8 metal panel, Black Staz-on ink, a large background stamp in a crackle finish, Pitch black paint dabber, crop-a-dile corner chomper, a piece on ribbon, Diamond black stickles, two pattern papers, my cricut and Graphically speaking cartridge.

Step one was to stamp the whole 8x8 piece on metal and let dry. Step two was to cut a mat out of the blue pattern paper, size is 4.5x6.5. Then use the crop-a-dile to round edges and distress with the paint dapper. Once the paint was dry I tied a ribbon around the mat and adhered it to the metal. I then picked the border "one" on the cartridge and cut it a 3", this would make it 3x12. I then cut off 4" that I didn't need. I used glossy accent to adhere the border down. The last step was to use the stickles on a few of the "ones" and "1's" to make them stand out a little more. After that all it needs is a 4x6 photo and display!



The best part about how I put the border and mat my SIL can pick which way she want it to go.... along the side on at the top. OH and the stamp!! Doesn't it just give the metal a cool look or what? Can you imagine it on acrylic too? Oh the possibilities!

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: