Friday, September 25, 2009

Trip to Remember

Hi Everyone.

I have been waiting since last night to post this project but of course when you have time something goes wrong.... in my case my internet! I have been waiting around all day for a Tech to come out a replace the main unit that burned up. Now that it has been completed its time for some blogging.
I wanted to make a fun word book because I have never done one! Yep that's right never. My plan was to design something on my Cricut Design studio and then cut it with the K2R's fabulous chipboard... but after two hours of messing around on the computer I decided to go in a little different direction. Instead I used an exclusive K2R 8x8 Acrylic Stadium Album. I did still manage to give it the look of a word book by making chipboard letters using my cricut, the George Basic shapes cartridge, and the design studio to make the letter the right size and width that I desired. To do this I used two 12x12 sheets of chipboard, cut the letters and then used my craft knife to get all the way through the chipboard. It does take a little time but it is well worth it. Once I had the chipboard letters finished, I cut pattern papers for the front and back sides of the letters adhered it and then painted the edges using the Pitch Black Paint Dabber. When that was drying I decided to used the same dabber around the edges of the acrylic panels that make up the stadium album. Once all the paint was dry I stamped on the edges of the "O" and "D" panels using K2R stamp item # 1-09 and Jet Black Staz-on. The next thing I did was add the chipboard letters to the panels to spell out "Florida" then I began adding pictures and paper. I didn't use a bunch of embellishments because I wanted the pictures to be the center of everything and have them accented by the papers used. (The papers were from a paper pack by DCWV Tahiti Beach Stack that I got on sale at Joann's)


To start... I took the "F" panel added a family photo of the three of us in Florida and put a rub-on on the photo itself (this is on the front of the cover) the backside I added a picture of me and my hubby.


The "L" panel I put the two pictures... BUT before I added the one of Madalyn and me with those sexy 3-d glasses I trimmed it to mirror the photo on that backside. So lets start there.... I trimmed the photo of the Iconic "Golf Ball" that Epcot in known for along one side. When I adhered it I didn't adhere the side I cut but the other three sides to make a pocket for a tag I made out pattern paper. So before adhering it use it to make a template to cut the front picture ( tip... make sure you but the backs of the pictures together before trimming so that they are a mirror image, otherwise you will make a photo that is cut wrong.) The "O" panel is just a simple one with a photo on the front and a photo on the front. The "R" panel I put a strip on pattern paper, then adhered three photos on to a piece of yellow paper and then cut around the pictures to make on large mat. I am thinking I will add something to this page along the top of the photos but not sure what at this time. The back side was done using a photo that I matted to match the front side, added the strip of paper to the side, added the "hot hot hot" rub-on from the holiday theme and the "paradise found" is also a rub-on that I have had in my stash for ages!


The "I" panel... cut a strip of pattern paper with the works on it, put the bottom picture, then added the matted the top picture of my daughter at the beach in Daytona, and once again used a rub-on on the photo from the same themed pack. The backside was done the same way, however I did not adhere the one photo down all the way so that I could add a tag that I made. I did sandwich to pieces of paper together so that from the font side it match with the photos since it peeks through, I also journaled on both sides. Then I added the yellow and white flowers and that was that. The "D" panel is a simple strip of paper, three photos to make a sort of collage, then a simple rub-on. The back side is the two pictures, a strip of paper and then I wanted to make the paper look as if the words were printed on it but they are really just rub-ons. The "A" panel.... was simple with a journal block, two pictures, last minute stamping to add a little dimension and the flower with a button in the middle, and another rub-on.


When I had all the panels finished I used the BIA and black wire to bind the book and found a bunch of bright colored ribbon and was finished.


I am happy with the outcome even though my plan did change a bit. My little two monsters are a little sad that they are not part of this book, but unfortunately we had to leave them with family when we went. But all three of them are loving the fact they can flip through the book and remember the fun that we had.


Happy Scrapping.

No comments: