Thursday, August 27, 2009

"CREATE"

Hi everyone.

I just want to share a quick project with you and apologize about being MIA late week. Between allergy shot for my daughter two days a week, homework, back to school and the little ones time got away from me. I am just glad that I found time this week to fit in a little craft time here and there. Literally did a 10 to 20 minutes the last few days to finish this project. So here we go....

I wanted to make something fun for my craft room because I realized that I always do something for everyone else and hardly ever anything for myself. Well that had to change right? I decided that it was time to finally make myself a banner. I have been planning to make one but have never gotten around to it. I am glad I did though because it is just what my space needed. I started out by using 6x6 K2R chipboard and making a triangle out on it. Once that was finished I used a 12x12 piece of chipboard to trace and cut out the rest of the triangles needed. Once that was finished I used a Pitch Black Paint Dabber to paint the sides of the triangles. Next I traced the triangle onto the backside or the coordinating pattern paper by me & my big ideas. It was a paper pack of 30 specialty papers with die cuts at Joann's for $7. Once they were all cut out I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Black soot ink, then applied them to the triangles. The next step was with the fabulous acrylic letters... I painted the sides with the pitch black paint dabber and allowed to dry. I decided last minute to add the card stock to the letters because the were getting lost on the triangles. So I picked coordinating colors traced and cut the card stock, using glossy accent along the edges on the paper to adhere to the letters. Before I adheres the letters to the triangles I added some stamping to a few on the triangles using K2R stamp #1-02. Also before adhering them I added the embellishments using flowers from previous kits, a brad from a previous kit, blue green button I picked up at Joann's, the pink epoxy stickers that I had forever, green ribbon from my daughters dress that tore, pink wire and a few beads. When I finally got around to adding the acrylic letters I used pop dots to help give it a little more dimension. To make the holes I used my crop-a-dile and the feed the ribbon through the holes. I did only used on long piece but you could tie ribbon between the two triangles you are joining.


I have to say that I am really pleased with it and glad that I finally did it. It is a great addition to my space! I hope that you guys have a fabulous weekend ahead! We are heading out of town... time to take the boat out again! Happy scrapping everyone.

Jenn

1 comment:

Laura - The Stampin' Soldier said...

OH! That is SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!!