Wednesday, July 15, 2009

KITS2REMEMBER KONTEST AND MORE

Hi everyone.

So I am sure that many of you have heard about the great K2R Kontest that Jessica has planned to help celebrate K2R anniversary. If not here you go...

We’re looking for a few good scrappers! From now until August 14, Kits2Remember will be accepting emailed entries in to our Kits2Remember Anniversary Kontest. One lucky - and talented - winner will receive a $250 prize package featuring K2R products and more! There are five different categories you can enter your project in to: Acrylic, Metal, Mixed Media, Kits and Rubber Stamps. And the grand prize winner isn’t the only one getting some prizes! One finalist will be chosen from each of the five categories and receive a prize package worth $50. Log on to www.kits2remember.com/kontest for details!

You can also check it out on Jessica's blog.

Are you signed up for the newsletter? If not you should get yourself signed up. WE DO NOT SHARE ANY OF YOUR INFO! But it will keep you posted on the latest K2R information including exclusive email offers. Just head over to kits2remember.com and sign up...

Have you been on our message board lately? Come join us....

How about you becoming a follower of our blog? Make sure you do that while you are here! Just by being a follower you will get updates that we have posted right away!

NOW for a project.

I know you have heard me say that I am a K2R junkie and I am not lying just ask my hubby! I have had every kit other then the more recent ones, which I will be adding because I believe that they are the best value and so adorable. So the other day I was thinking about my little sister Debbie in Hawaii awaiting her second little girl. I thought it would be fun to make her an album that she could put picture of Brianna in when she arrives. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and then I remembered that I had some kits that would work perfectly. How many of you have Krew Kit #10 sitting in your stash and not being used? Well that was me, but not any more. These kits have sold out but there are many others that would be wonderful to have or maybe you are sitting on a bunch of K2R acrylic, chipboard or metal and need a little inspiration to get it out. I encourage you to do so and email your project to Jessica so you can be entered into the Kontest.

I did add a few things to the kit... brown mini brads, the 3-D butterflies that I picked up at Target the other day, stickles in blue and green, rub-ons Love words (brown and blue) and Flowers, and rub on letters that were left over from another kit. The paint is a pink paint dabber and the brown ink that I did ALL the edges of the paper with is Timber Brown Staz-on. Other then that all was in the kit and I have plenty leftovers for TWO 12x12 pages or even another book!

I started with a Heidi Swapp Bling Circle that came with the kit, removing some of the jewels so I could add the butterfly, using the ones I removed to add bling to it. The second page... it is a tabbed acrylic "BRIANNA NICHOLE." Once the book was tab, the glitter paper f0r a mat, paper paper, the leaf ribbon, flower and a butterfly with some bling that I cut off of one on the square frames in the kit. The backside would be done the same. panel that I rubbed the word "LOVE" on and stickled it back side. Then I cut out some flowers out of the 12x12 decorative paper. Making sure that I traced the flower cutout on another pattern paper and distressing the edges. The third panel is chipboard.... I covered both sides with the same paper, distressed the edges and added the brown polka dot ribbon. The back side of the chipboard would be the same other then the flower. The forth page... is another tabbed piece with the word "SWEET" and the stickles on there. The next panel is chipboard I covered it with the same pattern paper adding the ribbon and tieing it in a bow. On the back side I did the same cutting a small piece of ribbon and tying it to it as well. The next panel I cut a mat, added a flower, a butterfly, cut a few of the circle blings and added them to tthe corner. I also cut up a square photo bling frame and added it to the lower corner. I also addedthe "cherish" rub-on, flower rub-ons and only used half of the flower on one side and the other half on the other side and then added the stickles. The back panel has nothing on it. I decided to leave that up to my sister whether she wants a photo there or not. But it would be really neat to put a picture of her, her girls and my BIL Sean when we comes home from Afghanistan and meets his little baby for the first time.



I hope that this helps encourage you to take out those wonderful kits you have use them and enter them into the Kontest.

Hope you all help us make this 2 year anniversary something extra special. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ENTER THE KONTEST!

Jenn

No comments: