Wednesday, July 22, 2009

COUSINS

Hi everyone.

I have been very busy creating things for my niece Alexcis' 4th Birthday... which was yesterday. So for the last few weeks I have been gathering photos or taking photos of my other niece Bailey and my nephew Bryce just so I could whip something up for Alexcis' room. I even went a step further and contacted my BIL Sean's sister for a picture of her boys so that Alexcis can have a fun wall hanging with all of them together. Here is what I did...

I first started out by using the 6x6 acrylic panels (7 panels to be exact). I decided to add a little flare to them by adding AQUA acrylic paint dapper to the edges and setting them aside to dry. As for the papers I used... they were scraps that I had stashed away from a previous project or two. I just cut them down a bit and added Tim Hotlz Distress Ink in Black soot to the edges. I am a huge fan of distressing if you haven't picked that up yet! Once I had adhered the paper and photos I used the Bind-it-all to make my holes. I did do the top panel on the bottom as well as the top so I could lade the green ribbon through. Then I started binding the pieces together with silver wire. Now that I had that done I started placing the embellishments were I liked. I used silk flowers that I have had in my stash forever, bright paper flowers that were made by prima years ago, and the white paper flowers that are used with the glimmer mist. On the white flowers I decided to add a little sparkle and color by using stickles in Lime Green and Turquoise. I did only used the flowers on the girls panels because I KNOW for a fact that the boys would have been upset. Not that it should matter but you have to respect them too. So on the boys panels I used the MOMENTS pack of rub-ons and picked a few words that fit right in with the family theme. Now those adorable letters that spells out "cousins" well those came from Target. They are chipboard stickers and for the life of me I can remember who made them. But they fit the colors and designs with the dots and stripes. So I did get it finished and to Alexcis in time thanks to my parents shipping it off with the vinyl wall sayings I made and the gift my mom found for Alexcis. They funny thing is that my little sister Debbie wants it for herself! Sorry Deb!



Anyway. The inspiration in patterns and colors came right from the bedding that Grandma Sherri (Sean's mom) bought Alexcis. I was told bright and dots. The lines were just an added bonus for me. As we all know inspiration can come from anything! So get inspired and get crafting. Afterall the last day to inter the KONTEST is August 14th click here for details!

Here is a photo of Alexcis in her new big girl bed with her cute Daddy Doll my sister had made for her since my BIL is in Afganistan. Isn't she cute!


Happy scrapping.

Jenn

2 comments:

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh! I looooove this!

NanaBeth said...

Brilliant idea-thanks for sharing.