Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kits2Remeber Krew Project

Good Wednesday to all of you out there. I am glad that you are back to see all of these wonderful tips and fabulous projects! I have a few tips for you when working with rubber stamps on acrylic. First of all.... I am always nervous to start stamping away on my acrylic. I am afraid that I wont like the image and once you stamp it with Stazon it "stays on!" SO, here is what i like to do. I first stamp the image that I want on to a white piece of computer paper and then lay the acrylic over the image and plan out how I am going to scrap that piece. Here are photos of it....

Once I have done this and I like how it looks I then remove the blue protective covering and stamp my heart out.

Now have you ever stamped an image on the acrylic and it didn't come out dark enough or maybe you forgot to ink a section on the stamp? If you are answering yes I have a solution for you! First start by re-inking your stamp then lay the stamp down on your work surface with the image up of course. Then flip over your acrylic so that the surface you stamped on is down facing down. Once you do this you are going to match the image that is there with the image on the stamp and press down on your acrylic piece. Here are a few photos....


I hope that those tips help you in your quest to make beautiful projects with stamps. NOW for my project. I made a fun FAMILY home decor project. I got the idea at a Scrapbook/gift store in Redlands, Ca called the Collective Journey. My MIL got me a gift card for there and I wasn't sure what I wanted to spend it on then I saw this multiply framed FAMILY wall hanging. It was cute but pricey and I would have never bought it if I didn't have a gift card. With that being said I recreated it out of acrylic, stamps, ribbon, and letters. Do have have your curiosity going? Okay here we go. I started out with a K2R 6" Acrylic Stadium Album, I took out the pieces and labeled the sizes on the blue protective cover. After picking 5 sizes out of the album I decided to add a K2R 6x8 acrylic panel as well to give me the six panels I needed. So I ended up with the following sizes.... 2- 6x8, 1- 6x6, 1- 6x7, 1- 6x9 and 1- 6x10. I stamped each of these panels differently to add an eclectic look. The stamps I used were of course the wonderful K2R Flourish stamps, the item numbers on those stamps are 1-01("L"), 1-03("I"), 1-07("A"), 1-10("F", "Y") and 1-11("M"). After stamping I decided to use my cricut, I used two cartridges- Plantin Schoolbook and Jasmine. I also used my Cricut design studio to make the letters larger, italic, narrow and wider to help add to the eclectic look. To hang it I used some ribbon from my stash by American Crafts Elements and used the crop-a-dile to make holes for the ribbon. Here are the photos of the finished project hanging, I wanted to it be all hung at different levels and I think it came out pretty good considering I was using a spot that other photos are usually hanging...


Before I go, I want to tell you that there is still time to post a comment on the April 13th post! We are giving away 3 of the AWESOME K2R RUBBER STAMPS! So don't waste time and go post a comment! Happy Scrapping everyone.

Jenn

No comments: