Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello everyone!

As we count down the days to Easter I thought it would be fun to share a few Easter basket tags with you. My plan is to hang the coordinating tag with their basket to help avoid confusion. Hopefully this will help the morning go smoothly! I started out with three K2R 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 (ATC) acrylic, the K2R stamp (item # 1-07), and StazOn Ink in Timber Brown. I wanted to use just part of the stamp to achieve what I was looking for, so I just inked the area in the middle where the two scrolls come together and stamped onto the acrylic. Once that was dry I stamped the children's names onto the acrylic using the same ink and my acrylic stamps from Close to my Heart (Font- Doodle Alphabet). Here is a tip for you if you are thinking of using your acrylic stamps - you want to make sure that you take a pencil eraser to the image you want to stamp before inking. The reason that you want to do this is because it helps keeps the stamp from smearing on a slick surface. Once the names were dry I used stickles in two colors Cotton Candy and Baby Blue to trace the out side edge of the acrylic. I did leave this to dry for about an hour before continuing because it is thick and takes a awhile to dry. On Makayla's tag I also added stickes on the back and allowed that to dry as well. Once all the drying was done I used some stickers that I have had for years in my stash. They are by Carlton Cards and they are called Card Jewelry. After the embellishments were on I used the Crop-a-dile to punch a small hole, I fed my ribbon though and tied it.

The other project I did was a lot of fun. I don't know about you but spring is the start of a lot of birthdays in our family. Between March and June we have about 14 birthdays, NO JOKE! Some are just a day or two after the other. Its a lot, but fun to make stuff. I wanted to make something for my SIL for her birthday and mother's day (which is the same weekend). I still would like to add something of her son. But here is a fun acrylic page that can be displayed on an easel. It was made with K2R 8x8 acrylic, K2R Stamps #'s 1-10 and 1-02, Stazon Ink in Timber Brown, Flora Doodles by Petaloo (available in the K2R booth in San Diego), and two cricut cartridges Graphically Speaking and Plantin SchoolBook. To recreate this look I stamped on the acrylic in the bottom corner and along to top edge making sure to rotate the stamp I used along the top to get a different look. Once the ink was dry, I adhered my photo as well as the title "One at last." Once that was done I used Glossy accents to adhere the Flora doodle flowers in a random pattern. I used a good amount of flowers and still have a large amount left, the pack comes with 80 jeweled flowers in the three colors and in the two sizes. Here are some photos of the project.


Happy Scrapping everyone! I hope that you have a wonderful Easter weekend. Make sure you check out the K2R Krew Blog on Monday we have something planned for you!

Jenn

3 comments:

Jen F. said...

boaclove the clear acryclic frames.. i just got two from your booth at scrapbook expo--havent started yet as I need to find the right stamp or rubon on the frame... any suggestions?

get scrappy said...

Hi Jen. I am glad that you came by to check out the websites. My suggestion to you is if you are planning to use a stamp you want to use a rubber one. The reason behind this is that the clear acrylic stamps want to smear. There is a way to get around it if you can to use the clear stamps. First you will want to take a pencil eraser to the image, it outs a small layer of rubber over the image which helps keep it from smearing. You also want to make sure that you use a stamp pad that is for slick surfaces or glass. Other wise the ink will never dry. As far as rub-ons.... you can use anything. The rub-ons that we use at K2R are by Rebekka Erickson.They seem to be of good quality. We do have a variety in the online store.... here is the ink
http://www.qbaroo.com/KitsRemember/main.cfm?categoryoid=48&productoid=123

We also have some wonder stamps available as well. Along with Stazon Ink. I hope that this helps.

get scrappy said...

Jen.... if you go back to the K2R Blog I posted your question and added links to the store and the stamps like I like out of our line.

Thanks again for the question.