Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Great Grandma Mother's Day Gift

Hi everyone.

For this weeks challenge we are making a Mother's day gift. I usually make something for my Mom or Bill's mom. But this time I decided to make two books that are exactly the same for the Great Grandma's on Bill's side of the family. One of them lives in Wyoming and the other in Missouri. I try to send them pictures a couple times a year, but this year I haven't gotten around to it. SO I made then a 6x6 acrylic album using K2R acrylic of course. I used 4 pieces of acrylic and one piece of K2R 6x6 chipboard as the middle of the book.Out of my stash I used The Robin's Nest dew drops in Island Blossom, Basic Grey Porcelain (polka dots) paper,Chatter Box double side pattern paper Marigold (flowers on one side and green on the other), the I used a white piece of card stock and sprayed it with Glimmer mist. The colors I used were Cinnamon, Simply Khaki, and Auburn which gave it a slate look. I also used stickers that were left over from a past K2R kit "Today is...", the letters are by Three Bugs in a Rug ("Great G-ma"). Here is a tip: I didn't have any more "R's" so I used a "P" and cut it to look like a "R", then I took the letter "f" and made it look like a "t", then for the dash I just cut down an "i". This is a great way to use up letter that I have left over. I also used my Stazon ink in Timber Brown to ink the side of the acrylic and chipboard, it didn't turn out like I was hoping but it works. I used a brown Bic pen to to the names of the kids and the "we love you." To adhere the dew drops I used Glossy Accents. Then to get the die cut looking flowers on the second and last page I used my craft knife and cut the images that I like out of the flower pattern paper. I used Walgreens for all my picture needs. What I love about then is I can upload on their wbsite, edit, change the photos to sepia tones (which I did), pay for it online and pick up in 30 minutes and it is just right down the street from home. I know that there are lots of other choices that do the same and they are great. I have used them too, but this is so close to me I don't have to drive out of the way. OH and I always have coupons for cheaper prices. Anyway. I also used 3/4 in. wire, I would suggest 1 in. wire instead but I ran out. I still have to put the ribbon onto the wire but I am all finished and ready for then to ship out for Mother's Day.

Cover Panel- Has a strip of pattern paper and the letters. I mirrored the paper strip on the back side.


Second Panel- I put a mat and a strip of the glimmer mist paper I made. As well and flowers that I cut out of the pattern paper.




Third Pannel- I mirrored the mat and the paper strip that was on the front side of the acrylic.




Now for the chipborad middle- I overed both sides with the flower papttern paper and mated the photos and added the strip of glimmer mist paper.



The next pannel is acrylic- I just cut different size strips of the three papers and adhered them to the acrylic and mated the photo. I did the same thing on the back side making sure that I mirrored the images.




Then back cover I used the flowers that I cut out of the pattern paper to give it a nice look.



Here are some colse up shots of the drew drops.


Enjoy. Happy Scrapping.


Jenn

No comments: