Saturday, February 28, 2009

Projects

I have been working on projects a lot this week. Just wish that they were projects that I was keeping. But instead I have been making them for friends and family members. Which is always fun.

The first project that I did this week was a 12x12 metal checkers/tic tac toe game board for Jessica (owner and friend on Kits2remember.com) I used a 12 x 12 meatl panel from her online store, red cricut vinyl, magnets, acrylic paint, glossy accents, modge podge, stazon ink, alphabet stamps from Close to my heart and a Tim Holtz flourish scroll stamp. Here are pictures of all the magnets and the games set up.


The other projects I did were for my niece Bailey. I used the "love notes" metal message board kit and made a message board for my niece. But I did change it a bit. I made it vertical instead of horizontal and one hung 3 piece off of it instead of 4. It was out cute and she was excited to have a new place for her messages.

The last project I did was also for Bailey. I made here a journal. I used chipboard that I got from kits2remember, stickles, stazon ink, paint dobbers, prima flower, rhinestone, a stack of paper from my stash and the TimHoltz flourish stamp. I started with 8x8 chipboard that I cut down to 8x5. I then painted it and set it a side to dry. Next i cut the pages to be a 1/4 inch smaller all around in the color paper I wanted. Then I cut two pattern paper pieces the same size as the chipboard and taped them to the inside one dry. Afterwards I used my bind-it all (available at K2R for $85 in a starter kit with wire and much more) and I punched the chipboard covers on "C" and the pages on "D" since I cut them a little smaller. I used 3/4 inch wire to bind it added ribbon to the wire, added 2 flowers and a rhinestone to the front cover. Used some chipboard letters that I painted white with acrylic paint and glittered them up with stickles. I didn't realize it until I finshed it but she could use it horizontally or vertically. It came out really fun and of course she love it. Thanks for dropping by. Jenn

No comments: