Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby shower gift

Hi everyone. Been a while since I got to post a project, but I have been sick and busy with the family. Still not over my cold, I am hoping that it is gone by my birthday on Saturday and the baby shower that I am attending on Sunday. Or I am going to miss out on all the fun. Anyway. I was trying to think of something I can give as a gift that isn't to expensive and is cute of course. So I made a 5 panel 6x6 acrylic album. After I finished putting it together I thought this looks a lot like something I have done. And sure enough when I started looking at my other albums I realized it looks a lot like the "Good and Girly" album that I made last year in October. It was a class that Kits2remember did at the Expos. Of course I REALLY love it and it shows because the one I made is a lot like it. Funny how some things just stick in your mind. If you haven't had a chance to take a class with the owner of Kits2remember, Jessica you need to it is so much fun, with great ideas and products. You should check out her calender, she will be here in California this month teaching and doing a booth at the Expo in Orange County. The products I used were 6x6 Acrylic from K2R, Me and My big idea rhinestones, doodlebug design inc. silk flowers,white and blue acrylic paint that I mixed together to get the color I wanted for the edges, Baby Blue stickles by Ranger, foam stamps by Making memories, Close to my Heart chocolate distressing ink, DCWV paper that was part of my stash that I have had for years, white cardstock for the tags, silver Zutter 1 in. wire, and ribbons that I had in my stash. On the cover where I stamped adore and on the inside where I stamped sweet, after the paint dried I added stickles to the top to give it a little shine. I also got a great tip from the ladies on the K2R Design Team Blog, to stop the ribbons from fraying you can used the stickles on the edge and give them a fancy sparkle look. You should check out there BLOG, they have amazing projects and tips. I hope you have a good week. Make sure you get some scrapping in.

Jenn



2 comments:

Kathi L. said...

You did an awesome job, Jenn. I am sure this will be the best gift she gets. It comes from the heart. You are a talented girlie.

get scrappy said...

Oh, thanks that is every nice of you! I hope she enjoys it.