Thursday, November 6, 2008

Scrapbooking Room

Two and a half years ago we moved to our house and I was so excited that I was finally going to have my own scrap room. It was wonderful...upstairs, two windows over looking the backyard and the view of the mountains. I never really got a chance to use it because I had just had my daughter Makayla the week we moved in. (On Monday I had her, Wednesday did the walk through and Friday started moving in.) So having a new born and a 5 year old didn't really give me time to scrap. Then when my daughter turned 4 months I found out I was pregnant with our son. My scrap room dreams started to fade. I had turned my room into a nursery for Kyle. I figured that we would have to find room in our bedroom, but my husband was so awesome... he gave me the guest room instead downstairs!!! I was so excited! I could have the kids playing in the backyard with the slider door open and watch them, still had views, good size room and a walk-in closet. But I never in my mind thought of all the stuff that could be dumped in to a room and not really organized. All scrapers have stuff busting at the seems, but they are all for good reason. In the year and a half that I have been "downstairs" my room has never been truly organized, that is until now. I have been taking an hour here and an hour there to get things cleaned up and on the walls. All I need to do now is move the fish tank back out to the living room. It has been in here since the builders had to come and redo our ceilings. But that is a long boring story. Once that is gone and I get some book cases I will really be in HEAVEN. Before Pictures.... (mind you I had been working on multiple project.)And after.... All I did was put stuff in storage units in the closet, my Husband, Bill add shelves in the closet, I made an old widow in to a French memo board, used tins for incoming and outgoing bills, and I was finished.

OH! Before I go..... you need to check out the Kits2remember Design team Blog. They have ideas of the tissue box I help design and many more amazing projects. They also have a RAK (random act of kindness) give away. And as always you should check out kits2remember.com!!!
http://kits2remember.com/
http://www.k2rkrew.blogspot.com/

Thanks for dropping by! Jenn

1 comment:

Kathi L. said...

OOOHHH the jealousy. You are just making me turn green...what I would give!!!