Wednesday, November 26, 2008

One for the road

Before I head out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend I have another little project. Madalyn was invited to a birthday party for a girlfriend of hers who turn 7 last weekend. I wasn't going to make anything, but it all changed when I was walking through Barnes and Nobles Bookstore. Madalyn's school was having a fundraiser so we were there buying a few new book and getting something for Hannah when I came across the stationary section of the store. I found a craft covered recycled journal and my mind started turning with the possibilities. So I picked it up and told Madalyn my plans for the journal and she loved it. I painted around the binding pink, found some fun paper in my stash to cover it with. I cut the paper a little bit longer and went around the edges and cut another piece of fun paper for the insides to help hide the front piece. I took ribbons that I bought at Target in the dollar section and tied them to the binding. Then I added prima flowers, some bright pink paper flowers, bazzil Piglet Blossoms, rhinestones by me and my big ideas, and a left over letter that I have had for years! To make the large flower match a little more I rubbed the pink paint over the petals. It cost me only $9 for the journal and the rest was all stash. Think that I will be making more this Christmas for my sisters and nieces! Wishing you all a safe, fun, creative Thanksgiving weekend. Jenn

1 comment:

Erin said...

Very nice Jenn... I really like how you did the journal.
....Erin