Sunday, November 9, 2008

Door Hanger


I have been wanting to make a door hanger for my scrap room and I have finally got around to doing just that. Didn't exactly turn out how I imagined, but I do like it. I used a K2R acrylic panel, red paint, red ribbon, Prima flowers, a light dusting of Glimmer mist, My Minds Eye Magnolia line, Me and My Big Ideas Rhinestones, Creative Memories black letters, and Three Bugs in a rug Chaos & Confusion Letters. I started out by painting the edges of the acrylic, cut a piece of my paper to the exact size of the acrylic, and cut another piece to complement the pattern paper. Then I cut out a flower from the paper (they were double sided), picked out flowers and lightly sprayed them with Glimmer Mist, and adorned them with rhinestones. Then I put the pattern paper on the back side of the acrylic and taped it down only where something else would be hiding it from the front. Then I taped down the blue piece of paper to the front, added the stickers, ribbon and then the flowers. Both my husband and my kids laughed when they saw what it said, BUT ever mom needs a timeout once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Kathi L. said...

Love it, Jenn. Right on the door of the room I am so jealous of.