Saturday, October 4, 2008

I love my

my Cricut Expression! I originally had the Cricut but a few months after I received it as a gift the Expression came out an I had to have it. It had all the things that I wanted the original to do and more. To make it fit my needs even more I bought the Cricut Design Studio, which is wonderful now that I have mastered the way it works. However I never knew that I could have done so much more then I was doing with it until I stumbled across a blog called Cricut Softcuts! It is an amazing site (http://cricutsoftcuts.blogspot.com/). They have ideas that are being shared by downloading the files that they used to make a particular item. They have Birthday card designs, flower layovers, the all to fun word books and so much more. So when I saw the Birthday card I decided to download the format and put it to use. BUT, instead of a birthday card I made a Baby Shower card. All I did was remove the Happy Birthday, replaced it with It's A Girl from the New Arrivals Cartridge and extend the front of the card a little bit which was made using two shapes welded together from the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge. After cutting the card out of pink card stock, I added some leftover purple pattern paper, white card stock, black distressing ink, Baby theme color Blocks by Lindsay Ostrom, pop up dots and my favorite black Bic pen. With the pen I added the polka dots and colored the It's a Girl to make it stand out more. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: