Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthday gift for a little girl



Today is one of Madalyn's BFF's Birthday. Instead f having a party her mom decided that she would take Katilyn and Madalyn to see the new HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3 movie after school. The girls were so excited and so was I (it meant I got to play in my scrap room). So since Madalyn was sick this weekend I never got a chance to take her out shopping and instead talked about me making something for Katilyn. Originally i was going to make an album but changed my mind last minutes. Instead I made her a door hanging. I used a 8x12 piece of metal from K2R, Making memories ribbon, and miscellaneous ribbon, Prima flowers, glimmer mist, a magnet, Scrapworks Florabella line, Creative Imaginations Narratives by Karen Russell, blue staples, and Me and My BIG ideas Icons. I made an area for a picture and an area for notes that she would like to put up. When it came to her name I didn't have all the letters that I needed but that didn't stop me. I just made letter out of other letter. For example.... I made a f into a t, all I did was cut the hook off of the f and shorten the cross part to the same size. I then made an x into a y, I just cut off the one leg. Last but not least I took a p and cut off part of the loop. Then I put polka dots on the letters to help jazz them up. All in all it was fast and came out cute.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Jenn - this came out SOOO cute! you did a great job... and I am sure that she loved it!! I just might have to scrap lift this idea!
:) Erin